We are interested in the population genetics, phylogeography and conservation genetics of a broad range of animal species, including:
- Molecular taxonomy and conservation genetics of the fauna of the Horn of Africa with emphasis on gazelles, termites, mosquitoes, Grivet monkeys and hamadryas baboons.
- Genetic structure of marsh rice rat (oryzomys Palustris) metapopulations in southern Illinois.
- Simulations of the population genetic consequences of range expansion.
- Dispersal and genetic diversity of arthropods in fragmented forest and agricultural landscapes.
- Population dynamics and genetics of swarming insects in the tropics focusing on the African armyworm (Spodoptera exempta) and the desert locust (Schistocerca gregaria).