We are interested in the population genetics, phylogeography and conservation genetics of a broad range of animal species. Our research focuses on:
- Molecular taxonomy and conservation genetics of the fauna of the Horn of Africa with emphasis on gazelles, termites, mosquitoes, grivet monkeys and baboons (Hamadryas and Olive).
- Landscape genetics of marsh rice rat meta-populations in Southern Illinois.
- Simulations of the population genetic consequences of range expansion.
- Dispersal and genetic diversity of arthropods in fragmented forest and agricultural landscapes.
- Population dynamics and genetics of swarming insects in the tropics focusing on the African Armyworm and the Desert Locust.